How Much Can You Save by Switching from Smoking to Vaping
The Cost of Smoking
It’s no secret that smoking is a pricey habit, exacting a toll on both your health and your finances. In the UK alone, a shocking 76,000 people die annually due to smoking-related illnesses—deaths that could be preventable with some lifestyle adjustments. The most dangerous part? You could be next.
Cigarette smoking is among the most harmful habits one can adopt. Laden with hazardous substances like hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide—not to mention thousands of other carcinogens—cigarettes damage your health every time you light up. Each puff draws tar into your lungs, a substance that, over time, damages them and leads to respiratory illnesses.
Not only does smoking pose severe health risks, but it also comes with hefty financial costs. On average, UK smokers spend around £4,000 annually on just 15 cigarettes per day. And if you’re a heavy smoker (20 or more cigarettes daily), your expenses could surge by another thousand pounds annually.
Vaping vs Smoking
Vaping emerges as a less harmful, cost-effective alternative for those striving to quit smoking. With e-cigarettes, you inhale aerosol instead of the perilous toxins found in cigarettes, drastically lowering the risk of severe health issues. And, it comes at a fraction of the cost!
Purchasing a vape device is a one-time investment, followed by occasional expenses on replacement parts or E-Liquid refills. Plus, with nicotine levels varying from 0mg up to 20mg, vaping is an excellent option if you’re gradually trying to decrease your daily nicotine consumption—possibly even quitting completely!
Calculating the Savings
If the price of cigarettes is causing your wallet to wince, there’s a solution: switch to vaping! This simple swap could save you thousands annually.
Pod kits, specifically designed for budget-conscious individuals, range from £20 – 30 and come pre-filled or refillable, depending on your preference. If you’re accustomed to 20+ cigarettes a day, that’s an annual expenditure of up to £5,000! Now, let’s take a look at the potential savings.
Consider you opt for a Vaporesso Xros Nano device costing around £25. It comes with 2 pods that can be filled with the E-Liquid of your choice. Each pod contains a pre-built coil, eliminating the need for you to maintain the coils—just replace the pod when the coil is worn out!
With the device costing £25, 4 replacement pods for £10, and £8 for 1-2 bottles of vape juice weekly, you’ll spend around £60 monthly on vaping, compared to a staggering £420 on cigarettes. That’s an impressive savings of over 80%!
If you’re a casual smoker looking to transition into vaping, there’s an opportunity for even greater savings. Purchasing shortfills—large bottles of nicotine-free E-Liquid—can provide substantial savings on vape juice. These bottles often contain up to 120ml of E-Liquid and are typically used by casual smokers or vapers looking to reduce their nicotine intake.
Switch to Vaping Today
Tired of hemorrhaging money on cigarettes? Vaping offers a perfect solution for both light and heavy smokers. Not only does it provide significant savings, but it also helps to alleviate nicotine withdrawal. Switching to E-Cigarettes will not only improve your health but also keep thousands in your pocket each year! Don’t wait another day—it’s time to ditch those harmful side effects and staggering costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the initial cost of switching to vaping? The initial cost of switching to vaping typically includes purchasing a vape device and some E-Liquid. For example, the Vaporesso Xros Nano device costs around £25.
- How does vaping save money compared to smoking? Vaping can save you money because the running costs are significantly lower than smoking. The expense for E-Liquid and replacement parts or pods is substantially less than the cost of cigarettes, especially for heavy smokers.
- Is vaping less harmful than smoking? While no form of smoking is entirely risk-free, vaping is considered less harmful than smoking. This is because e-cigarettes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke.
- Can I control the nicotine level in my vape? Yes, you can control the nicotine level in your vape. E-Liquids come in varying levels of nicotine, from 0mg up to 20mg, making it easier for users to gradually reduce their nicotine intake if they wish.
- How much can a heavy smoker save by switching to vaping? A heavy smoker, who spends an average of £420 per month on cigarettes, can reduce their monthly expenditure to around £60 by switching to vaping. This equates to a yearly saving of over £4,300.